This recipe is quite large and may be halved. I prefer eating these donuts simply rolled in white sugar. They have to be consumed right after frying, which I think won't be a problem because they are very good.
1. Put in a mixing bowl:
1 C lukewarm water
1 T active dry yeast
1 tsp salt
2 C bread flour
2. Beat thoroughly. Cover and let rise for
¼ C melted butter or grape seed oil
1 C light brown sugar
2 well beaten eggs
1½ C bread flour
3. Beat well. Cover and let rise again until dough is light, about 1 hour. Punch down.
4. Add more flour if dough is too soft to handle. Turn out into a well-floured surface. Divide the dough into 2 parts. Cover each and let rest for 10 minutes.
5. Roll dough to ½-inch thickness and cut into 6 x 1-inch strips. Set on baking sheets, cover and let rise for 1 hour.
6. Fry in hot oil until golden brown, roll in granulated sugar. Enjoy!
½ hour. Add: